Net Worth: $192 Billion
Date of Birth: Jun 28, 1971 (50 years old)
Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Profession: Engineer, Entrepreneur, Designer, Investor, Film Producer, Aerospace Engineer, business person, Inventor,
Nationality: South Africa
Last Updated: 2021
Elon Musk Net Worth and Salary:
He is a Canadian-American inventor and businessman, born in South Africa. Musk has a net worth of $192 billion. As an entrepreneur who wears many hats and whose latest project is constantly on top, Musk is best known as SpaceX’s CEO and CTO, Tesla Motors’ CEO and chief product architect, and SolarCity’s chairman. The billionaire is also among the richest people in the world. Elon Musk owns about 20% of Tesla’s shares and 48% of SpaceX at the time of this writing.
- In 1999, Zip2 was sold for $340 million to Compaq
- Investment in X.com with part of the windfall
- X.com has become PayPal. eBay bought Paypal for $1.5b in 2002
- Owner of 48% of SpaceX, worth $46 billion
- Owns 22% of Tesla
- In 2020, the net worth increased by $142 billion
- Owned real estate worth $100 million
- In 2020, sold 6 LA homes
Net Worth History:
- The net worth of Elon Musk was $28 billion on January 1, 2020. The value of his net worth at the end of 2020 was $170 billion.
- The new record is Elon’s first $70 billion net worth. A total of $55 billion was attributed to Tesla, and roughly $15 billion was related to private firm SpaceX.
- When Elon’s net worth reached $80 billion for the first time on July 13, 2020. $65 billion from Tesla and $15 billion came from SpaceX.
- Elon’s net worth briefly crossed the $90 billion mark in August 2020 due to two critical factors. First, Tesla shares hit an all-time high of $1,900 in mid-August. When the market cap of the company reached that level, it was $350 billion. $70 billion was Elon’s stake in the company. Secondly, SpaceX’s valuation was increased officially on August 18, 2020. The valuation of SpaceX has risen from $36 billion to $46 billion after the fundraising round.
- It was the first time Elon’s net worth reached $100 billion on November 17, 2020. He overtook Mark Zuckerberg at that point and became the third richest person on Earth for the first time.
- For the first time, Elon’s net worth crossed $128 billion on November 24, 2020. For the first time, he became the second-richest person in the world by surpassing Bill Gates. His net worth at that time was $54 billion less than Jeff Bezos’ $184 billion.
- Elon’s net worth reached $195 billion on January 7, 2021. Elon became the richest person in the world for the first time on this date, surpassing Jeff Bezos.
- After starting the week worth $170 billion, Elon ended the week worth $210 billion.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk does not receive a salary. The bonus plan is based on the company’s market cap milestones and could be extremely lucrative for him. Tesla had a market capitalization of around $50 billion when the plan was developed. As soon as Tesla had a market cap of $100 billion – and held that value for six months, Elon would receive a bonus of about $600 million. The milestones are based on increases in the market cap of $50 billion.
He was born in Pretoria, South Africa, on June 28, 1971. When Musk was 10 years old, he bought his first computer and started learning computer programming. As a 12-year-old, he developed the game Blaster, which became his first selling software. He went to Queen’s University in 1989 when he was 17 years old, but dropped out in 1992 to attend the University of Pennsylvania to study business and physics. Musk received an undergraduate degree in economics, went on to earn a second bachelor’s degree in physics, and then obtained his Ph.D in energy physics. After dropping out of Stanford University, he got involved in the internet boom.
Three times he has been married, Talulah Riley is Elon’s second wife, the same woman he married twice. Between 2000 and 2008, Justine Wilson was his wife. The couple has five sons. Additionally, he has a romantic relationship with actress Amber Heard and Canadian musician Grimes.
Real Estate Holdings:
Previously, Elon owned property worth $100 million alone in California. It is almost 50 acres of property on which he continues to own a 100-year-old, 16,000-square-foot villa located in Hillsborough, Northern California. In 2017, he paid $23.364 million for this house.
He once owned six homes in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Bel-Air. He purchased a 20,000-square-foot home for $17 million in 2012, a 7,000-square-foot home for $20 million in 2015, and a 9,300-square-foot home for $24.25 million in 2016. As of 2020, Elon announced he would begin selling off his worldly possessions, starting with his LA homes. Each home was sold as he promised. A single buyer bought four of his properties in December 2020.
$192 billion is Elon Musk’s net worth. He is among the richest people on earth as of the time of this writing. Musk’s fortune comes from his own stake of 20% in Tesla and his ownership of 48% in SpaceX. Musk has a debt of approximately $500 million to Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs. The bank debts are secured by half of the equity in Tesla.
Citation Information :
Article Title: Elon Musk Biography
Author: odishapaper.com Editors
Website Name: odishapaper.com
Access Date: September 24, 2021
An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers