#10 Larry Ellison Net Worth | Top 10 Richest Person In The World

Net Worth $100 Billion
Salary $75 Million
Date of Birth Aug 17, 1944 (77 years old)
Gender Male
Height 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)
Profession Entrepreneur, Businessperson, Investor
Nationality United State of America

Larry Ellison Net Worth and Salary

Larry Ellison Net Worth and Salary: He is the owner of a $100 billion wealth. Larry Ellison is an American billionaire entrepreneur. He founded the software giant Oracle, which earned him his fortune. Until 2014, he was also its CEO.

As a result of his wealth, Ellison ranks among the world’s ten richest people, behind tycoons such as Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and Bernard Arnault.

During the 1990s, when the Department of Justice’s antitrust investigation caused Microsoft stock to fall, Larry was the wealthiest person on the planet while Bill Gates’ net worth topped his. Larry was the world’s highest-paid executive at various times, taking home more than $90 million in some years.

Oracle was taken public by Larry on March 12, 1986. This was also one day before Bill Gates took his company public. Larry owned 39% of Oracle at the time of the IPO. Oracle’s market cap reached $270 million at the close of the first day of trading, which meant Larry ended the day worth $105.3 million in paper net worth.

As recently as 1990, Oracle appeared to be on the brink of bankruptcy. The company had little cash left in the bank after losing more than half its market cap. In the last few years, Larry, a man with a personal net worth of more than $500 million, has seen it drop to $150 million.

Tesla Investment

In 2018, Larry Ellison quietly acquired approximately 3 million shares of Tesla for around $1 billion over a number of months. Ellison and Musk have been close friends for a long time. According to the SEC disclosure, he owned 1.7% of Tesla at the time. Following a 5-to-1 stock split, his 3 million shares became 15 million in August 2020.

It is estimated that 15 million shares worth as much as $13 billion were worth in 2021, but on average they were worth closer to $10 billion.

Personal Life

During his four marriages, Larry has had five children. The most recent wife he had was romance novelist Melanie Craft, who he was married to from 2003 to 2010. Steve Jobs photographed Larry’s wedding ceremony as a good friend. Barbara Boothe, his third wife from 1983 to 1986, is the mother of two of his children. Their two children are both producers in the entertainment industry.

His personal wealth has contributed more than $400 million to various charities to date. The Giving Pledge is another of his charitable contributions.

Larry Ellison Net Worth Details

Ellison owns 22 percent of Oracle today. To secure loans and personal debt, he pledged 315 million of his shares. From Oracle stock sales and dividends since 2003, he has earned around $9 billion.

Homes and Real Estate

In addition to homes in Hawaii, Japan, Malibu, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, and Rhode Island, Larry has a global portfolio of real estate. The California estate is at least $200 million in value. It is on 45 acres in Woodside, California. This mansion is designed as an estate from the 16th century.

The property covers 45 acres, includes the main house, two guest houses, three cottages, a barn converted into a gym, and a 3-acre lake with two waterfalls. Ellison received a tax bill for $173 million after the local township assessed his property. The property value was challenged, and he won a 60% tax reduction.

The Malibu properties were acquired between 2004 and 2005 for $180 million. On the ultra-exclusive Carbon Beach in Malibu, he purchased five condominiums with a combined price of $65 million. As part of his 2010 acquisition of the Astor family mansion in Newport, Rhode Island, he paid $10.5 million. A golf course in Rancho Mirage, California, that she bought for $43 million in 2011 was the Porcupine Creek Estate.

Lanai

Larry bought 98% of Lanai for $300 million from Castle & Cooke in June 2012. The state of Hawaii owns the other 2% of the island. In addition to the Four Seasons hotel, Larry also acquired Lanai’s property. Among the improvements he has made to infrastructure, including roads, a water treatment plant, and a state-of-the-art movie theater, he has reportedly spent $500 million of his own money.

Planes

Larry traveled the world on a Gulfstream V for many years. He later upgraded to a Gulfstream G650 that cost $75 million. His company, Island Air, was acquired in 2013 to assist in bringing guests to Lanai. His collection of aircraft includes an SIAI-Marchetti S.211 as well as a decommissioned Soviet MiG-29. As a weapon of war, the Mig-29 is illegal to fly in the United States.

Citation Information :

Article Title:   Larry Ellison Net Worth

Author:   Kartik (odishapaper.com Editor)

Website Name: odishapaper.com

URL: https://odishapaper.com/

Access Date: September 27, 2021

Also Read:-

Leave a Comment